Today, our thriving practice has four highly-skilled veterinarians and a staff of fifteen. We are grateful to our patients, our clients and the West Loop community for your role in our success. Your support has allowed us to become integral members of the community and to support area animal welfare organizations while doing the work we love. We look forward to the future and to taking care of the pets you love! Please join us in celebrating. Click here
for more info.
West Loop Veterinary Care has been designated a “Cat Friendly Practice” by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. We have implemented feline-friendly standards and take specific steps to make your cat’s visit to us easier for both you and your cat.
to find out more.
Register now for Puppy Training Classes at West Loop Veterinary Care! Click here
to find out more about our classes, or call us at 312.421.2275 to talk to one of our Patient Care Coordinators who can answer your questions and register you today! Limited spaces available.
West Loop Veterinary Care has been awarded accreditation by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). The AAHA accreditation is viewed as the standard of veterinary excellence. Before awarding this prestigious accreditation, AAHA conducted a thorough evaluation of the hospital’s practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service. The AAHA accreditation reflects West Loop Veterinary Care’s ongoing commitment to excellence. Read more
Welcome to West Loop Veterinary Care. We are a full-service animal hospital dedicated to providing the best possible care for your beloved pet. Our highly skilled veterinary health care team and state-of –the-art facility with advanced diagnostic and treatment capabilities were specifically designed for exceptional patient care.
Whether we’re maintaining your pet’s good health, performing needed surgery or helping your pet through a critical illness, we want your experience with us to be extraordinary. Drs. Kathryn McFadden, Mike Boling, Emily Yacker and I are acutely aware of the special bond between you and your pet. We recognize that you provide unique insight into your pet’s condition. Therefore, we feature extended appointments that allow us to listen to you and your pet as we strive to provide the best possible veterinary care experience for both of you.
In addition to our commitment to you and your pet, we are also committed to the West Loop community. This neighborhood is like home to us as you will regularly find us at community events and supporting our local dog friendly areas.
As a client of West Loop Veterinary Care, you will discover that we offer the following:
- Extended examinations. Our examination times are a bit longer than those at most veterinary clinics. Our lengthened exams allow us to listen to your input while we thoroughly examine and treat your pet.
- Advanced Medical Care. Our custom-designed, state-of-the-art facility includes computerized records, digital radiography, an in-house lab, top-of-the-line patient monitoring, a dedicated dental and oral surgery suite, and more.
- Specialty Services. We offer echocardiograms and cardiac consultations, orthopedic and advanced soft-tissue surgeries, and ultrasonography services.
- Stress-minimizing environment. From exam rooms set-up to minimize the amount of time your pet needs to be away from you, to a soundproof feline ward—your pet’s comfort and well-being is our top priority.
- In-home care visits (House Calls). Bringing medical care to your home allows your pet to stay in a familiar and comfortable environment.
- An outstanding team. Our team of veterinary professionals offers deep knowledge of their work, a love of animals and a commitment to excellence. From the moment you walk in our door our dedication to you and your pet should be very apparent.
- Environmentally-friendly clinic. We take our role as guardians of our pets and the planet we share, seriously. Every aspect of our facility and operations are designed to minimize our impact on the environment.
Please take the time to explore our website to learn more about each of our team members, the services we provide, and important pet news. Dr. McFadden, Dr. McKamey and I, along with the rest of our team, would welcome the opportunity to serve you and your pet. As we work together to keep your pet happy, healthy, comfortable and safe, let us know if there is ever anything the team at West Loop Veterinary Care can do to further enhance your visit.
Caring for animals is not a job for those of us at West Loop Vet, it’s our passion. We hope to meet you and your pet soon and welcome you to the West Loop Vet family.
David Gonsky, DVM
Founder & Medical Director