Register now for Puppy Training Classes at West Loop Veterinary Care! Click here
to find out more about our classes, or call us at 312.421.2275 to talk to one of our Patient Care Coordinators who can answer your questions and register you today! Limited spaces available.
Virbac recalls heartworm preventative, Iverhart Plus Flavored Chewables, due to a failure to meet stability specifications during the life of the product. At this time, there are no heartworm-related adverse reactions or illnesses that have been reported. The recalled lots may not fully protect dogs in the upper third of each weight range against heartworms. If you are in possession of any of the Lot #’s listed below, please contact the place of purchase for replacement product. Lot 120076, 120086, and 120856 (Lg 51-100 lbs), Lot 120202 (Md 26-50 lbs), Lot 120196 and 120844 (Sm up to 25 lbs).
Please contact us
if you have any concerns or questions. Read More
Natura Pet has extended their recall to include all Natura dry dog, cat and ferret food and treats that have expiration dates on or before March 24, 2014
. Natura canned products and Mother Nature biscuits are not
affected. We placed another update on Facebook and Twitter today, but felt this new information was important for all of our clients to receive as many of our clients pets are on these foods.
Dr. David Gonsky sat down with Steve Dale (radio personality, writer and pet expert) to speak about ticks - they're already everywhere. More ticks than you might think, even in the city of Chicago.
Read the blog post
Listen to the podcast
West Loop Veterinary Care has been awarded accreditation by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). The AAHA accreditation is viewed as the standard of veterinary excellence. Before awarding this prestigious accreditation, AAHA conducted a thorough evaluation of the hospital’s practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service. The AAHA accreditation reflects West Loop Veterinary Care’s ongoing commitment to excellence. Read more
West Loop Veterinary Care introduces a new digital radiography system. Replacing traditional x-rays, the new system enhances patient care by obtaining quicker and clearer results while eliminating the use of unpleasant chemicals. The new system also makes the transfer of images to veterinary specialists quick and easy. Click here
to read more.
Welcome to West Loop Veterinary Care. We are a full-service animal hospital dedicated to providing the best possible care for your beloved pet. Our highly skilled veterinary health care team and state-of –the-art facility with advanced diagnostic and treatment capabilities were specifically designed for exceptional patient care.
Whether we’re maintaining your pet’s good health, performing needed surgery or helping your pet through a critical illness, we want your experience with us to be extraordinary. Drs. Kathryn McFadden, Andra McKamey and I are acutely aware of the special bond between you and your pet. We recognize that you provide unique insight into your pet’s condition. Therefore, we feature extended appointments that allow us to listen to you and your pet as we strive to provide the best possible veterinary care experience for both of you.
In addition to our commitment to you and your pet, we are also committed to the West Loop community. This neighborhood is like home to us as you will regularly find us at community events and supporting our local dog friendly areas.
As a client of West Loop Veterinary Care, you will discover that we offer the following:
- Extended examinations. Our examination times are a bit longer than those at most veterinary clinics. Our lengthened exams allow us to listen to your input while we thoroughly examine and treat your pet.
- Advanced Medical Care. Our custom-designed, state-of-the-art facility includes computerized records, digital radiography, an in-house lab, top-of-the-line patient monitoring, a dedicated dental and oral surgery suite, and more.
- Specialty Services. We offer echocardiograms and cardiac consultations, orthopedic and advanced soft-tissue surgeries, and ultrasonography services.
- Stress-minimizing environment. From exam rooms set-up to minimize the amount of time your pet needs to be away from you, to a soundproof feline ward—your pet’s comfort and well-being is our top priority.
- In-home care visits (House Calls). Bringing medical care to your home allows your pet to stay in a familiar and comfortable environment.
- An outstanding team. Our team of veterinary professionals offers deep knowledge of their work, a love of animals and a commitment to excellence. From the moment you walk in our door our dedication to you and your pet should be very apparent.
- Environmentally-friendly clinic. We take our role as guardians of our pets and the planet we share, seriously. Every aspect of our facility and operations are designed to minimize our impact on the environment.
Please take the time to explore our website to learn more about each of our team members, the services we provide, and important pet news. Dr. McFadden, Dr. McKamey and I, along with the rest of our team, would welcome the opportunity to serve you and your pet. As we work together to keep your pet happy, healthy, comfortable and safe, let us know if there is ever anything the team at West Loop Veterinary Care can do to further enhance your visit.
Caring for animals is not a job for those of us at West Loop Vet, it’s our passion. We hope to meet you and your pet soon and welcome you to the West Loop Vet family.
David Gonsky, DVM
Founder & Medical Director